Reterro CEO Issues 2013 Review and 2014 Business Outlook: Green Remediation Leader Expects Substantial Continuing Growth
Expansion Prospects Fueled By Waste Streams and Thousands of Contaminated Sites Newly Reachable By The Reterro Principle™
Pleasanton, CA, January 13, 2014 – Reterro, Inc., an emerging green remediation leader in eliminating hydrocarbon contamination from soil and ongoing waste streams, today issued its business review for 2013 and business outlook as it begins 2014.
To Our Shareholders, Customers and Partners,
We would like to express our heartfelt thanks to all of our shareholders, customers and partners for your continued ongoing support of our growing company. We would also like to extend our sincere gratitude to all of our suppliers, permitting agencies and residents of communities where Reterro is cleaning up long-time contaminated sites. Your support is integral to the milestones we achieved in 2013 – and the continuing growth and development we expect in 2014.
The highlight of 2013 was the initiation of Reterro’s enterprise-class commercialization phase. The launch featured successful engagements on behalf of two Fortune 500 companies and global enterprise leaders. Reterro Chief Executive Officer Ferdinand Seemann said that the early market acceptance of The Reterro Principle™ in 2013 is already providing a springboard to significant growth in 2014.
Central to the success is the The Reterro Principle™, whose small on-site footprint and flameless process delivers immediate certainty in safe soil and waste-stream remediation. The Reterro Principle™ is the most rapid, cost-effective, clean and compliant method to remove hydro-carbon waste from soil and waste streams, prevent ongoing contamination and unlock the greatest value in previously unusable locations.
“Reterro’s nimble and unobtrusive solution has demonstrated that it can now open up thousands of contaminated sites to remediation,” said Mr. Seemann. “The addition of these sites effectively expands the already large addressable market for Reterro’s green remediation in 2014.”
The Reterro Principle™, which removes hydro-carbon waste from soil within hours to the targeted clean-up level, also eliminates the necessity of hauling contaminated soil across jurisdictions.
“State, local and federal officials frequently object to such shipments because of health and safety concerns,” said Mr. Seemann. “Project managers in one of our current engagements estimate that Reterro is reducing large truck traffic by 2,800,000 miles, thus precluding a number of these related issues such as vehicular emissions, traffic accidents and other health and safety problems. And the result for our projects is Reterro’s standard outcome: 100% environmental certainty and an unblemished safety record.”
Reterro’s 2013 business highlights include:
- The successful completion of Reterro’s first hydro-carbon soil remediation project on behalf of a U.S. Fortune 5 company. The project was located on the West Coast of the United States. The site, which had been contaminated by gasoline and diesel fuel, constituted a former bulk terminal bordered by light industrial buildings and a residential neighborhood. The project was completed on time and on-budget, with results exceeding the mandated clean-up levels.
- The initiation of Reterro’s second hydro-carbon soil remediation project on behalf of a U.S. Fortune 500 company. The site is also located on the West Coast of the United States. Reterro’s second project is to remediate a former 45-acre manufacturing site affected by solvents and other hydro-carbon contaminants. As was the case in the first project, Reterro’s second engagement involves a site that includes space constraints and buildings in a populated area – the profile of a contaminated location that, as a practical matter, only Reterro can reach. Reterro is cleaning the soil locally within minutes per ton and the clean soil is then backfilled at the site and compacted to industrial build standards.
- The introduction of Reterro’s pilot scale system for on-site testing and analysis. The IP-protected pilot unit is a finite element scaled technology system that enables on-site soil and waste streams testing using Reterro’s proprietary cleaning and remediation methodology. The pilot unit provides site-specific performance data for use in project design and feasibility studies.
- The appointment of Brady Environmental Founder Patrick Brady, PG, as the company’s Chief Technology Officer. Mr. Brady is a licensed geologist in the states of Alaska, Washington and Oregon and has been engaged in the environmental remediation industry since 1984. Mr. Brady developed and patented the base technology of evaporative desorption to bring cost-effective remedial certainty to the industry. The innovative technology, which is central to Reterro’s green remediation platform, has compiled a 100% success rate in the completion of a number of waste-stream and soil remediation projects in the Pacific Northwest. Reterro’s green remediation solution is recognized for unlocking significant value in previously undevelopable land.
Reterro’s 2014 business initiatives include:
- Based on the demand by nationwide leaders in the oil- and hazardous waste industry as well as the growing demand from large infrastructure owners, Reterro plans to establish local offices and representations throughout the United States in 2014.
- Having demonstrated the effectiveness of The Reterro Principle™ for gasoline, diesel and solvent applications in 2013, significant R&D efforts are in place to expand the Reterro’s solution range.
- Continued strengthening of Reterro’s balance sheet to meet continually escalating demand and growth requirements.
- Cooperation with permitting and sustainability consultancies, agencies and government institutions to continue to maximize efficiency in clean-up of contaminated waste streams and properties worldwide.
- Expansion of international business development to address increasing demand in numerous geographic markets.
Reterro, Inc., provides the foremost compliant and curative green remediation solution for tens of thousands of locations worldwide that are government-mandated to clean ongoing hydrocarbon waste streams and undergo soil remediation for existing hydrocarbon contaminated waste. Uniquely effective in urban, populated and space-constrained environments in which health and safety restrictions prohibit any other competing technologies, Reterro is unrivaled in mobility, cost-effectiveness and speed-to-completion, with a record of 100% certainty of efficacy.